Important Announcement Concerning New York’s Mask Requirement
NEW YORK STATE’S COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS
New York State Governor Hochul has issued a temporary requirement for businesses to require either proof of vaccination or mask-wearing indoors. The requirement starts Monday, December 13, 2021, and lasts through January 15, 2022, when the state will reevaluate based on current conditions. The following are the state requirements for all business:
- Any person, past their second birthday and medically able to tolerate a face covering, must wear an appropriate mask while in any indoor place, regardless of vaccination status.
- Businesses and venues can choose to implement a vaccination requirement, requiring proof of vaccination as a condition of entry inside the business or venue.
- Businesses and venues that implement a proof of vaccination requirement must ensure that anyone 12 years of age or older is fully vaccinated before entering indoors.
- A business or venue must choose whether it will implement a full-course vaccine requirement or a mask requirement, which applies to both patrons and employees and then must be followed in its entirety throughout the facility at all times each day.
At The Victors Gymnastics we respect your privacy, and do not feel it’s our business to ask you if you have been fully vaccinated or verify any medical condition. Furthermore, it is not acceptable to us to require all our customers, students, and employees to be full vaccinated, nor is it acceptable for us to discriminate against those who are not. It is our responsibility to do all we can to keep our customers, students, and employees safe, while complying with state and local regulations, and avoid being potentially fined or shutdown. Therefore,
OUR TEMPORARY POLICY
The Victors Gymnastics is issuing the following temporary policy, effective Monday, December 13, 2021, through January 15, 2022:
- We will issue a mask requirement for all people entering our building, age 2 and older and who are medically able to wear a face covering.
- Due to safety and potential injury concerns, we recommend all students remove their face covering to perform a gymnastics skill or when they are on gymnastics apparatus.